Sunday, March 1, 2015

Studio Sunday

. . .
A monthly update, dedicated to to showing you my process, sneak peeks inside my studio, and previews of works in progress turned into finished products.
. . .



I've made these little boxes in the past, you may remember this one, or this one.  I wanted to put a new spin on an old idea.  Rather than using paper and paint, I cut out small pieces of heirloom fabric to create these little dresses, then embroidered each one with a unique design.  They are the feature of my dioramas and will hang from a delicate bit of thread.  These are a smaller version of the larger ones I am planning to create.  With help from my husband, I would like to construct a few wood boxes that would be the frame for the dioramas.  I will have one of these small boxes available as a "Pay What You Wish" opportunity, details soon.

As you can see, I am dreaming of spring.  The below freezing temperatures are starting to get to me.  Maybe this way I can bring a little warmth inside.  The other day I pulled out a small canvas and created a very simple still life.  I enjoyed the process of creating texture on this simple painting.  It reminds me of the cold sunny days, when the almost blinding sunlight shines into our home, providing some warmth.

No comments: