Friday, March 6, 2015

Little Dress Diorama - Pay What You Wish Opportunity







This month I am offering this sweet little diorama as a "Pay What You Wish" opportunity. It is difficult for me to put a price on something I make, so much of my time and care goes into each piece. This allows anyone, no matter what their budget is, to purchase an original work of art. I believe that people are generous and like to support artists and craftspeople when given the opportunity.
I would like to provide a work of art to the person who could benefit from it the most. This small box features a hand embroidered dress on 80 to 100 year old antique heirloom linen. I construct the little box, then add layers of paper and recycled tea bag paper to cover it.  I then paint it using acrylic paint and seal it in a matte medium.  It measures approximately 3" by 3 1/2" by 1 3/4". This took approximately 4 hours to make.  I have another box, similar to this one, available for $50 here.
Here is how it works:
-Send an e-mail to naturescorridor@hotmail.com . Tell me why you want it or what you like about it.
-What price you would like to pay for it.  I am requiring a minimum of $5 for U.S. customers, and $9 for international customers to cover fees and shipping cost.  Please keep this in mind when determining the price.
-Please respond by Sunday March, 15th.
If more than one person is interested in this work of art I will choose based on who I think will benefit from it the most, not the price you will pay.
Please share with anyone you think might be interested!

No comments: