Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recycle Your Kid's Art: A Quick and Easy Tutorial

Every now and then I like to pull out a nice new piece of watercolor paper and let my son create an original work of art. His watercolors are so pretty and I like to hang at least one on the refrigerator, but they tend to pile up and I don't have a clue what to do with them. This is a quick and easy craft project that will help you recycle your kid's art!

Materials:child's original watercolor on watercolor paper
ink pad
ribbon or string

Tools:scissors
paper cutter (optional)
stamps
hole punch

Step 1: Select one of your child's original watercolors, preferably one with a lot of blank areas. Cut into squares or rectangles. I cut mine into 2" by 2 1/2" rectangles. You could also use some decorative punches to create your tags, but I wanted to keep things simple.


Step 2: Choose stamp with desired message. I created these tags for birthday gifts and chose my birthday wishes stamp. Stamp each piece. As you can see, the stamp shows up best on areas with mostly a white background.


Step 3: Punch each card with hole punch and thread a string or ribbon through the holes. Decorate your gifts with your child's mini originals!



If you enjoyed my tutorial, feel free to leave a donation!

No comments: