Friday, March 9, 2012

A Little Nostalgia

A couple months ago I was paging through some old books my mom wanted to toss out and I found the nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle". I thought it would look beautiful in our baby's nursery. So I scanned it in and made a copy. But the image seemed too dull for the nursery and I set it aside.

So, the other day, I was paging through the January/February 2010 issue of Somerset Studio and I came across a beautiful work of art by Karen Michel. The colors of this particular piece were so vibrant and I fell in love with its rustic quality. I went back to my vintage book page of "Hey Diddle Diddle" and knew it would be perfect for this project. I have just completed all of the mini wood collages and I will be gluing them down soon! I can't wait to see the results.

No comments: